Tuesday, October 31, 2006

More on Print Size

Gordon McGregor had problems posting comments because he's a blogger beta participant, and emailed me these excellent observations:

I've had a similar, though different problem. I've mostly shot digital and pretty much exclusively for online viewing. I print a bit (but constrained mostly by the letter size of my inkjet). I have a fascination for but a complete lack of ability to compose for large prints. I can't get my head around having subtle elements in a scene be a major part of the image - when large.

I'd written about it earlier this year, here:
http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/2006/04/small-pix-and-tiny-jpegs.html

So it appears that the problem runs both directions, which is interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home