Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Positive Feedback


This morning, I spent a little time reviewing the editing I've done for my sdg project, and because I was feeling a bit depressed about the whole thing, I decided to take a break and make my lunch a bit early. At the exact moment I plopped the bread and cheese for a grilled cheese sandwich into the pan to cook, the phone rang.

The caller was my wife, calling to tell me that she'd arrived at the Seattle Westin for the Powerful Voices luncheon, gone up the escalator in the lobby, and noticed this set of photographs nicely displayed on the wall. One of them caught her eye, and she recognized it as the photo above. In fact, all six photographs were mine; they were purchased by an art dealer about three years ago, presumably on behalf of the Seattle Westin. (Art dealers are understandably cagey about letting the artists know who the clients are, for fear that the artists will approach the clients directly and cut the dealer out of the loop).

My wife reports that the photos looked great. I assume they've been there for several years, looking great.

Just the bit of good news I needed to pick my spirits up a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Now that's a great story! Thanks for sharing.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home