Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Muck Boots


Lest anyone conclude that all I do is cerebrate about art, and never worry about the pragmatic issues involved in actually making it, I observe that in the Northern Hemisphere, the weather is now turning wet and icky.

My solution: Muck boots. Really, Muck Boots is the brandname; you can check out their web site at http://www.muckboots.com/index.htm.

I have a pair of 'Tack Classic' muck boots. They're reasonably light weight. They're made out of rubber, with the uppers made from the sort of neoprene foam that is used in wet suits. They don't leak, they're pretty warm, and they're not uncomfortable. The 'Tack Classic' comes up to just below my knee - I've stood in water more than a foot deep to get the viewpoint I wanted, and emerged from the water with my feet dry and warm. They're not even expensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home